Sunday, 15 March 2026

Hindsight is 20/20

 Hey Blog!

So this is it, huh? It's been 8 long, long weeks of working on this project almost nonstop. It's a little bittersweet—I'm so happy to finally be done with it, but it was so much fun working on it at the same time. 

On one hand, I don't think I have ever worked so hard and so much on a school project before. Some weeks it was the bane of my existence, especially during the planning process. Sofia and I would sit for hours and hours simply trying to come up with an idea on what our story could be, and once we had it we'd spend some more hours trying to plan on how we could bring it to life in the best way possible. Time would fly by and we'd have almost no progress done, mainly due to our hesitance and lack of decision-making skills, which if I could go back and give myself some advice it would definitely be to be more decisive as this would have probably made the whole planning process so much simpler and quick, giving us time to produce our ideas instead of only thinking them. Managing our time was definitely not our strong suit when working on this project, however, we made it work.

On the other hand, this has been my absolute favorite project to work on. I have never felt so much control and freedom on what and how I could complete a school project. Sofia and I have always been very creative people who love storytelling (we actually met in a creative writing class) so getting to spend time creating our own plot, with out own characters, deciding what would happen and how we'd manage it was truly a dream come true for us. From planning out each shot to writing the script to casting our actors to developing the mise en scene to actually filming, there was no part that I can honestly say I disliked. It was so much fun working with our actors, and it was so amazing seeing them play the characters we had created as our story came to life. It was an amazing opportunity I am so grateful for, and it something I would love to pursue for myself in the future even. I've said this before, but the editing portion of this project was so much fun and it was one of my favorites to do, along with filming. It was incredibly gratifying that, now that we had filmed and created every little section we wanted, I was able to actually put it all together as I worked to make one, continuous video that was our initial idea finally realized.

As I was talking to some friends about this project they even made me realize something that I think is such an important part of my experience. I would rant and complain to them how busy I was and how stressed I was, how I had no clue how we were going to get it all done in time. It was so incredibly daunting and difficult and demanding, but at the end of the day, despite every complaint, and every tear shed, this has still been my favorite project I've ever worked on. This class is one of my favorites despite the stress and hard work I have to put into it, and I think that this shows how much I loved working on creating our very own film opening of which I could not be more proud.

This was an amazing experience that taught me so much about hard work and myself, even. It taught me the importance of time management and my lack of it. It taught me the importance of paying attention to detail and having a good plan prior to starting a large task. I'm taking so much from this project that I am happy to take onto the rest of my education and, even, life. So, I guess I'm happy to say, that's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening & CCR

 Hey Blog! Here are the final results of my work from these past 8 weeks. Film Opening: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x7lXstZOZ70SnMM9sBY...